12/17/12

Mike Huckabee - Bullshit

This guy Huckabee is really wearing thin.

All his other bullshit aside, he pushed a real shovel-load when he said he 'almost wished' that all  Americans should be forced to listen to the ignorant crap pumped out by David Barton ... even at gun point.

Now, this darling of the Republican Party and the Christian Right has come up with one that rivals the best of Pat Robertson:

 Mike Huckabee: Newtown Shooting No Surprise, We've 'Systematically Removed God' From Schools

Does Huckabee really believe that?

What unmitigated bullshit.

But I'm not the first to say that.

Actually, Rachel Held Evans was, so far as I know, the first to put it in writing on the 'net:

God can't be kept out

which is, I think, a far better assessment than Huckabee could ever present.

Here's another right-on-the-money view of the self-righteously despicable theological puke pimped by Huckabee and the Christian Right:

Facebook Faith #5

Does Huckabee really believe the garbage he preaches? Of course he does.

Bryan Fischer is another one:

"...  And I think God would say to us, 'Hey, I'll be glad to protect your children, but you've got to invite me back into your world first. I'm not going to go where I'm not wanted. I am a gentleman."

And not to be overshadowed, James Dobson of Focus on the Family chimed in with:

And a lot of these things are happening around us, and somebody is going to get mad at me for saying what I am about to say right now, but I am going to give you my honest opinion: I think we have turned our back on the Scripture and on God Almighty and I think he has allowed judgment to fall upon us.  I think that's what's going on.

Where is the Master of Disaster, Pat Robertson? We didn't hear much from him about Hurricane Sandy being a visitation of God's wrath ... where is he now? Can any attempt by the Christian Right to politicize a tragedy be complete without a dispensation from Brother Pat?

So basically God, denied access to the school because we have barred him (really? We have the power to bar God from anywhere? Huckabee, a Baptist preacher, really believes that?), then through his avatar, pulled the trigger on 20 kids and their teachers, up there in Connecticut?

Really? God can't go into our schools unless he has government approval? How does that work? Does God submit an application in triplicate, checking off certain theological parameters set by Huckabee, Fischer, Robertson, Dobson, and the rest of the Christian Right? Then is the application reviewed to make sure God is the right kind of God? Does God have to take some kind of exam? Does he have to answer a certain percentage of questions correctly in order to be allowed in? Is that how it works?

What bullshit.

And they wonder why people turn away from the church. And, since this is exactly what the Republican Party cannot separate from its politics ... why people are turning away from them, as well.