3/13/13

The NRA

I recently rejoined the NRA.

Yep. I did.

I have been a member of the NRA off and on for decades, mostly on, occasionally off.

I click them off when they start sounding like far right loons. Really far right loons. Some of you might be asking, "When do they not?" Actually, most of the time they don't. That's what drove Gunowners of America away from the NRA; GOA is the outfit that thinks the NRA is too weak on the Second, catering to hunters and 'sportsmen' rather than focusing on the Second Amendment.

So I figured with Obama in the Oval, and the Democrats running the show closer to home, it was time to rejoin.

And no sooner than I did, I got an invitation from Glen Beck to 'join him' for an NRA confabulation in Houston.

Yep. The looniest of the far right loons is in the sack with Wayne LaPierre and the NRA.

So I guess I'm 'off' again. No wonder people think those of us who oppose gun control and gun ownership restrictions are complete whackjobs. How could they not, with the likes of Glen 'Chalk Dust' Beck ranting away?

NRA Convention: Glen Beck? Again?

Update: Sent this one off to the NRA this morning (03.14.2013):

I recently rejoined the NRA. But then I received that thing from Glen Beck. You gotta be kidding me. I can stomach Ollie North; he did serve the nation well until he became a bit player in that bad rewrite of Seven Days in May or whatever that bag of sleaze was with Iran-Contra, and wiped his ass with the Constitution ... but Glen Beck?

If that's the best you can do, please cancel my membership immediately. You can keep the change.