Smile Hi Alley Cleanup
The City of La Junta will begin the alley clean-up project on October 17, 2016. City crews will pickup items put in the alley or at the regular trash collection point. Below is a checklist to use to assist the Crews in doing a thorough and complete cleaning of the alley.
1. Please limit the items for pick up to a total of one dump truck load per property—this includes tree branches.
2. The City WILL NOT pick up the follow items: tires, any electronic waste including TVs, computers, microwaves, etc., nor any appliance with refrigerant.
3. The City WILL NOT enter private property to collect refuse.
4. The trucks will pass through the alleys only once. Items may be placed out for pick up the weekend just prior to your scheduled week. Please do not put any items out after that Sunday as they will not be picked up.
5. Please separate metal items from other trash items. There will be two separate trucks to pick up the items. The Otero County Landfill Regulations state that the metal must be separated, therefore the City must pick them up separately. (Note to FB 'warriors': It isn't a conspiracy by the trash crews to make things difficult; blame the county commissioners, or better yet, OCLI Inc)
The alleys in the following areas will be covered during the 2016 alley clean up:
Week of October 17—October 21
From 1st to 10th Streets: Pikeview Avenue—Colorado Avenue
Week of October 24—October 28
From 1st to 10th Streets: Colorado Avenue—Lacey Avenue
Week of October 31—November 4
From 10th to 22nd Streets: Meadows Trailer Park—Colorado Avenue
Week of November 7—November 10
From 10th to 22nd Streets: Colorado Avenue—Best Avenue
Week of November 14—November 18
All Streets South of 22nd Street to include Prairieview Heights