2/18/17

Whacko quotes from US presidents

Fave whacko quotes from our presidents:

“Just get me elected, and then you can have your war [Vietnam].”
– President Lyndon Johnson to the Joint Chiefs of Staff, December 24, 1963


"I didn’t just screw Ho Chi Minh. I cut his pecker off.”
– Lyndon B. Johnson, commenting to reporters on the first American airstrikes against North Vietnam, August 5, 1964 (see also "Tonkin Resolution")


And we all know what that got us.

"I am not a crook." - Richard Nixon, November 17, 1973

And we all know where that got us.

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman." - Bill Clinton, January 26, 1998.

And we all know where that got us.

"Mission Accomplished." - George Bush, May 1, 2003.

And we all know where that got us.

Ol' Heel Spurs' presser, February 16, 2017.

And we are wondering just WTF? There are so many whacko quotes in that, one hardly knows where to begin.

18 WTF moments from Trump's unhinged presser

Jake Tapper hit it right on the head by calling it 'unhinged.' That's pretty accurate, if perhaps understated.



We can only hope that Mattis has removed the launch codes from the 'football,' and replaced them with an iPad loaded with an endless loop of Jake Tapper clips.

That way, if this lunatic ever makes a grab for the codes, he will be so distracted by Tapper that he'll forget about the nukes.

Failing that, I just hope Mattis can tackle him and bring him to the ground if he ever makes a grab for the codes.

This is the most unhinged and incoherent spectacle on the part of a US president I have ever seen, and I've been watching 'em since the fifties.

OTOH, I laughed so hard at this idiot my gut hurts.

And then ... there were the strawberries ...